5.31.2010

wha chu know about dat

Heres a quick piece I had in Sundays WSJ - for the Yoder & Son feature in personal finance - my second for them. When i say quick i mean that i started painting at about 6pm and it was due the next day at noon. The piece is about Yoder & Levi answering letters re: travel -
The chosen idea was the two of them looking at an envelope / map
Heres how the piece was initially finished:
parts of painting this made me want to kill myself - but I was happy with how it looked in the final and the likenesses of father and son -
However, due to some last minute issues I had to photoshop the addresses out, then turn it B&W- not sure if its as clear as the initial final - but still happy with it and obviously thrilled to work with Mark again. Thanks Mark!!
Heres some roughs:
stamps on suitcases instead of travel stickersstamps like odometer:also played with the theme "GO"

2 comments:

Chanp said...

sweet! love the idea

Yuta Onoda said...

wooow!! Great work Pete!