1.08.2010

learn it

Yikes, Sorry we're already a week in without a post. I'll just make sure this one is long as hell. Its great to be here in 2010 - no sign of flying cars yet, or food in pill form - but maybe soon. This series (only a portion posted) was for AV's 2010 education package. Although I had a bit over two weeks to get all of these done - with other finals and the holidays that time quickly turned into latenights and early mornings. Im really trying to push my work this year - like make some great stuff - so i put a lot of time into the execution. Aside from a bit of tweeking / contrasting in photoshop almost 100% of these are painted. Im finding myself painting more and more, rather than screening and Im having a lot of fun doing it that way. Its nice when your process is refreshed. Lindsay, the AMAZING AD always has so many ideas and such great input. Im so happy everytime I hear from her. Anyway Im going to post lots of rough ideas and a few of the finals... split into two parts the article focuses on getting degrees online and the troubles w/ that - and also going back to school for an MBA - the pro's and cons. -


there were many many more - just to give you an idea of where i was coming from.
Heres a few finals:
balancing work w/ getting the MBA degree
being heldback by the persuit
digital assistance on the journey
Lots more to post this month, Plus Im thrilled to announce that Mark Smith (see links (for some reason i cant get the link to work here)) will be conducting interviews with me on Nonslick.
Im happy to have him on board.
Thanks for reading

5 comments:

Yuta Onoda said...

WoW! Great works!

s said...

the piece with the diploma on the wall and screen is wonderful, even if it was a rough. I also like the piece of the person climbing the mouse ropes. (mouse ropes feels very grammatically incorrect)

Nimit Malavia said...

Beautiful work!! I love love love the balancing image!

Juan Carlos Solon said...

I love the first image dude!!
the texture brings a lot to it!

is texture something your exploring more?

pete ryan said...

Thanks a lot you guys!
Sandee - that was the one I lobbied for to go to final
Juan, I guess maybe im exploring it differently = texture has always been one of my favorite parts of painting, and Im always trying different ways of making it. think i got lucky! :)
thanks again!